To apply for an access permit to any of the properties owned, partly owned or managed by the MCSA Magaliesberg Section.
You can apply here for permits to the following properties: (please click on the link to read the property information page)
Dome / Grootkloof / Wilgepoort
- Send an email to the Administrator with the following information (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact phone number
- Member number (if applying for more than one guest)
- Property name: Dome / Grootkloof / Wilgepoort
- Date of intended visit:
- Option 1
- Option 2
- No of people:
- Adults: 0
- Students: 0
- Teenagers >14: 0
- Children <14: 0
- Emergency contact:
- Full Name
- Contact number
- Do you accept the disclaimer? Yes
Mountaineering (climbing and hiking) is de facto an activity which carries certain inherent risks. Neither the MCSA, nor any of its members or representatives accept responsibility for any deaths, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person or for any theft, loss or damage to any property that result from participation in MCSA activities, no matter in what manner caused and whether allegedly due to negligence or not. Full indemnity is form available on request.
- You can also contact the Administrator on 083 845 1573. Please note our office hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 10am
- You must have a permit to enter the property, regardless of reason (hiking, swimming etc.)
- A member is allowed to take one guest, after which he/she must please apply for a permit for all additional visitors. For all additional visitors, a permit is required. Unless you patrol, when you are allowed 5 guests.
- Once the Administrator have received your request, he will contact you to confirm the request or to make alternative arrangements.
- The Administrator will confirm the amount payable. Please do not make payment until your booking has been confirmed.
- Fees must be payed & proof sent to the Admin within 24hours. If not received the booking will be automatically cancelled.
- The Administrator will send you the permit on email once he has received your proof of payment.
- Please print or download a copy of the permit on your phone and carry it with you. Patrollers may request to see your permit. Please note network access might be a problem, please download and save it to your device.
- Please see the permit fees, banking details & adhere to the Permit Rules on the permit, which is available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Permit fees paid are non-refundable.
- Access to our properties are across other land owners property. Access agreements with these land owners was established by the MCSA. The access rules in these agreements must be adhered to. The access agreements with these land owners are sensitive and dependent on your adherence to their rules. The rules are available on request from the MCSA Magaliesberg Section and will be provided with your access permit. A breach of these rules (etiquette, gate times, etc.) could result in the MCSA permanently losing this convenient access route to its properties. The MCSA will also not hesitate to take action against offending members or permit holders.
A friendly request – please don’t post pictures of your trip on social media until you are all home safe. We also request that do not post any pictures of any endangered animals or plant species on social media.